A Version of Malaysian Chicken Curry
Here is a rich, tasty recipe which will utilise some of your fabulous garden produce... lemon grass (serai), ginger and galangal, coriander seeds, fresh and dried chillies, and curry leaves. For the 'faint-hearted', hold back on the fresh chillies in the ingredients list.
For the spice mix...
2 tbsp. coriander
1 tbsp. cumin
1.5 tsp turmeric
1 tsp. dried chilli
0.5 tsp. black pepper
0.5 tsp. cinnamon
1 clove½ star anise
Other ingredients you will need...
8 chicken legs
5 buah keras (Candlenuts or macadamias), crushed
1 large onion, chopped
2 cm ginger, ground or finely chopped
2 cm galangal, ground or finely chopped
5 fresh chillies, chopped
3 curry leaf stalks, remove and save the leaflets
3 or more potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp. light soya sauce
sugar and salt to taste
What to do...
1. Stir-fry in the oil... the onions, the spicemix, the candlenuts, ginger and galangal, chillies and curry leaves.
3. Cooking over a medium heat, coat the chicken pieces with the spice mix.
4. Add the coconut milk and prepared lemon grass. Simmer adding water if required.
5. Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer.
6. Add the soya sauce, and the sugar and salt.
7. When the chicken and potatoes are cooked, and the flavours are balanced, serve with white rice.
Post a Comment